Why your Medical Practice needs to have a presence on Google Plus
Are you looking to market your practice using social media?
Social media has become so important the last few years. More so in the last year. Facebook and Twitter have lead the way for some time, and they have become household names. On a personal level, most if not all have seen what they look like. As for the function of Facebook, seems simplistic. You have “friends” that you can see what they post, and you can post so your “friends” see them. A lot of people keep in touch with loved ones with pictures and videos. As a practice, Facebook is a great tool to use to communicate to your “friends” at once. Coupons, specials, updates about the practice. Facebook allows your patients to “check-in” to your practice. This shows all of their “friends” where they are, and that means free advertising. Who does not like free advertising? Twitter has similar function, but you don’t have to accept “friends”, and limited to the amount of characters to use. The concept is rather simple as well. Hashtag something relevant to what you are posting about, and other people looking for similar topics will see your post. Or if they follow your practice, then they will see all your tweets. Facebook and Twitter are a MUST in marketing your practice. Keeping up with the patients and how they communicate are very important.
What about Google Plus? What can Google Plus do for my practice?
Google+ is a social media tool launched by none other than Google itself. It provides an additional way to keep in contact with others, share content, and join groups of people with similar interests. It can also be used to help promote your practice, and gain new patients along the way.
Here are some of the main functions of Google+ and what you can do with them:
- Sharing things on Google+ can help to influence search engine rankings. Of course, you always want to have a high search engine ranking so that those searching for a physician in your area will find you when conducting their online searches.
- You can add information about your practice, and provide details about the services you offer. The services discussed can also be linked directly to your office’s Website.
- Your Google+ account can be linked to your other social media pages. This way, you are using cross-promotion in order to get more people to follow you on Facebook, Twitter, or your YouTube channel (if you have one).
- The platform allows you to share content, as well as re-share. If you find a helpful medical or health-related article that you would like to share, Google+ makes it simple to do so.
- As on other platforms, you can post status updates. One neat aspect is that the status messages on Google+ can be optimized, which will increase the likelihood that your patients will find them. Once posted, they are quickly indexed by Google+.
- Perhaps one of the most important reasons to get your practice onto Google+ is that it makes it easy for people in your area to find you when they are looking for information and resources.
Google+ offers a variety of ways to connect you to others, helps you share content, and is instrumental in helping people find you locally. It’s a great marketing tool to add to your bag of tricks, to help you to promote your practice, reach new patients, and keep in touch with those you already have.
Over 80 percent of all Americans look to the internet to learn more about their health. Make sure that you at least hire a medical marketing firm that can build you a website and provide valuable health content for your patients. That way, when they have questions or concerns about their health, your medical practice will be the first source they turn to. Also, make sure your business is listed on Google Plus so nearby people can find your medical practice.
If you are interested in learning more about Omni Medical Marketing’s social media services, Contact Us today to put our expertise to work for you.