Responsive Website Design
As more and more people are beginning to turn to mobile devices as a primary tool for search, the importance of having a Medical Website Design that is also mobile-friendly is becoming more and more important. Recent studies have shown that nearly 25% of all medical-related search traffic is now coming from a smart phone or tablet. The question is, “What is the best way to design your website to appeal to all of the different mobile devices?”
Statistic: 61% of internet users who visit a mobile unfriendly site are likely to leave to a competitor’s site
Why Choose Responsive Website Design?
There’s no doubt that if you do any amount of significant searching from your smart phone or tablet, you have run across an m-dot site. They are separate sites built on a sub-domain of the original site (i.e. “m.yoursite.com”). While these sites led the charge in the beginning stages of mobile website designs, they have a few limitations and can also wreak havoc on your SEO. Not to mention, some of our competitors have charged thousands of dollars for these “additional” sites to be built. With every new tablet or mobile device that comes out, an m-dot site will need to be changed to accommodate the size of the screen. Many companies will charge extra to accommodate the new devices, and these additional fees can really add up.
Some of the issues with m-dot sites include:
- Separate site requires double the work. Any changes to the main site will have to be duplicated on the mobile site (Our competitors often charge extra to make the same change for a mobile site).
- Duplicating content can lead to a loss in search engine rank.
- New tablets and mobile devices means the mobile site will have to be re-coded to accommodate these devices and screen sizes.
- M-Dot Sites are often over-simplified to adjust to navigation limitations on mobile devices.
- Redirects upon device detection can cause users to become confused and lose their location on the site.
- Sharing links between the mobile and main site can be problematic.
Responsive Medical Website Design eliminates all of these issues, and offers a seamless feel to mobile navigation. With additional development, your main site can adjust to different screen sizes automatically, thus negating any additional work when new devices hit the market. By adding additional functionality to your main medical website, your site will automatically appear and function differently as the screen size changes. This maintains all of the great content that you worked so hard to create, and also maintains navigation throughout your entire website.
There’s no longer a need to spend more money on a new website design for mobile devices, when your main medical practice website can do all of the work for you.
If you would like to learn more about Responsive Medical Website Design and the benefits it offers over a traditional m-dot site, Contact Omni Medical Marketing today.